Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Living with Cancer

time does not heal every wound. because some wounds are like cancer, I mean, acute cancer, from which there is no escape. and I have seen both - the suffering that comes with cancer that plunders your body and now mine, a cancer that eats away your core bit by bit. slowly, but surely.

I know it all. your gluttony. your love for ruins. your satisfaction when you look at the flat EEG. but then after too many trials and errors in this last one year of my life, I have learnt a few important lessons.

the first and most important is stay away from people who make you feel low, weak and under their mercy. away from some relations by blood, whose moronic judgmental attitude about how I should live my life, hasn't yet taken a backseat. by yet I mean, not even after knowing what I have lost. so, stay away. cause they will never understand.

and among a dozen other things learnt, the best is, being with myself. moments spent alone, when my cancerous bosom threatens to shed tears of blood. when drenched pillows and scorched demons repeatedly warn me of the malignancy that's growing inside my body. time. has taught me that I am my own best friend. for I know how deep my wounds are. and how far they have travelled till now, to usurp my once, spirited soul. only I know.

time never healed the instant helpless tears each time I thought of my last words with him or the final kiss on his forehead before saying bye.

time simply organized the tears better. now I know, I should be shedding them only in solitude. only with myself.

cancer, teaches you everything.
time, just gives you the recaps.
all your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment